After a a very long process, my Junior Theme is pretty much finally done. I've gone from thinking I was going to talk about the economy, to writing about military spending. After my first draft, I had nine pages of loosely connected drivel in desperate need of refinement. And thats just what I did, I looked for more information, I pared down stuff I didn't need, I refashioned my language, and voila'- I was getting closer to a finished product. I used countless online articles, three books, one podcast, and one documentary to write my paper. The biggest change I ever made came yesterday, where I full on cut 3 paragraphs from my paper, because they didn't directly prove my point. They included my portion on "Adams" by George Saunders, which Doc Oc really liked, but in the end wasn't essential to prove my point, so I eliminated the whole block on the subject. I then changed my last pargraph block from talking about asymmetrical threats to talking about how the government is not spending our money as smart as they could be. I think this change helped the clarity of my last paragraph, and fit better with the paper than it did before.
Now you might be asking yourself, what does "You ain't got no legs lieutenant dan" scene from Forest Gump have to do with military spending? And I have the answer- it doesn't, but why not do it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment